new google analytics

Welcome to Over 30 Clan
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Important Announcement!

IF YOU ARE LOGGED IN AND SEEING THIS MESSAGE THEN YOU ARE NOT AN OFFICIAL MEMBER YET. SCROLL DOWN AND READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE EMAILING FOR HELP!

If you're trying to join / register its highly recommend you view the FULL VERSION of the website. DO NOT USE THE MOBILE VERSION.

Simply registering on our site does not make you a member! EVERYONE must fill out an application (click 'apply' at the top of the page). Every application is reviewed by our community - this is done with the best intentions to keep our community jerk free. Regardless of the outcome you will receive an answer within 72 hours of submission.

If you just registered an account and you were brought here proceed to step one below.
If you were brought here after clicking the e-mail validation link proceed to step two below.

If you just filled out the application proceed to step three below.

STEP ONE

Spoiler

STEP TWO
Spoiler

STEP THREE
Spoiler

TLDR (too long didn't read) video version of the instructions

I realize the process isn't as simple as one click and done. We are working on improving the application process in the near future. However, if you just take the time to read and follow the instructions you'll make it thru. If all else fails contact us for help
Spoiler

Email sent to ANY other address will be ignored. DO NOT contact us with solicitations of any sort!

Welcome to the Over 30 Clan

Sign In 

Create Account
Who We Are:
We are more than a clan, we're a community, a brotherhood, and more importantly a family. The Over 30 Clan was founded in 2010 by The1UrLookin4. In early 2014 the reigns were handed over to BlackDeath who now owns and operates the community as a 501c non profit. To put it simply the Over 30 Clan is an online community for adults 30+ years old to share interests and play video games together. As we start 2018 we have over 1400 registered members. Our ranks include all walks of life including single folks, moms, dads, veterans, you name it. All of whom are looking for a place to blow off some steam. We are a diverse community with members spanning the globe who game on various consoles / platforms (Xbox, Playstation, and even PC players). We have some REALLY talented gamers but that is NOT a requirement to join! Whether you want to have a few drinks and play casual or you're determined to melt faces we have something for everyone.

What We Do:
PTFO (Play The F@#%ing Objective). This is our clan motto. Have you ever rage quit over some clueless random(s) on your team? Do you typically mute your mic and/or turn off in game chat because the lobby sounds like the halls of a middle school? Well then the Over 30 Clan is for you! We focus on objective play, communication, team work, and most importantly having fun! We've made up silly challenges like riot shield and rocket launchers or tomahawk only classes, all while playing the objective and winning....often! We play, some of us drink / smoke, but we have fun!

What We Play:
The most popular game series we've been known to play: Call of Duty, Destiny, and Battlefield. This isn't to say that's all we play - just about everyone will take a break and try something new and different from time to time. In the past we've had events for GTA V, Forza, and even online Poker nights. Chances are if you post about a game you want to play on our forum you'll get some folks to join you.

Accolades / Accomplishments:
We were at one time ranked the #1 Heavyweight clan for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Domination game mode! We've also scrimmaged against some famous teams including players like oTrademark, Wickedscrapnel, and PWNSTARS. We're also a featured community on the Overdog app which you can find on the Xbox One store.

How do I join?

1) Be 30+ years old (In RARE instances we have made exceptions - this is why every applicant must be voted in by the community. If you don't make the cut please don't take it personal).
2) Register for an account
2) APPLY (must complete step 2, be logged in, click 'Apply' at the top of the page then scroll down to view the application questions ***an application is REQUIRED to become a member***

In order to become a part of the Over 30 Clan you must register an account on our forum (email validation required / CHECK YOUR SPAM). Once registered we require that you fill out a short application by clicking the Apply tab at the top. Complete step by step instructions can be found HERE (be sure to scroll down after following that link). The application process is a quick and easy way for everyone to get acquainted. Applications are typically processed within 24 to 48 hours. Until you are approved you'll have limited access to the site. If you're still in a "Validating" state you can post questions, comments, and concerns in the guest forum HERE.

If all else fails here's a step by step video on how to join.

Additional Information:
How to join the Over 30 Clan
I'm in now what?

Social Media / Contact Us:

Email
Spoiler

-Facebook
-Twitter
-YouTube

-Community YouTube Playlist
-30 in 60 an Over 30 Clan Podcast (YouTube) and now on Soundcloud

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Secret Santa Idea

christmas secret santa 2018 idea

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Secret Santa Idea (31 member(s) have cast votes)

What say you gentle folks?

1. Secret Santa Noice! Sign me up I love this idea! (17 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Annual Holiday Sweepstakes (12 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Bah Humbug - coal for everyone (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Beer (9 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

5. Bacon (10 votes [19.61%])

Percentage of vote: 19.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

KnotPunny

KnotPunny

Snark

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 3,567
  • 98 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 6h 56m 48s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:VikingSnark#2806
  • Twitch.tv:anitatissue
  • LocationKansas
  • Main Platform:PC
  • PSN:VikingBunnyNinja
  • XBL:AnitaBrake
  • Steam:AnitaVacation
  • Uplay:AnitaTissue
  • BattleTag:AnitaTissue#1135

The holidays are just around the corner as Blackdeath brought up in  Episode 33 of the podcast 

Doing a Secret Santa project is fun but also slightly scary where privacy is a concern. Thankfully there's a great way with the easiest method via Amazon that I've done in the past!

A few years back I was part of a sizable Secret Santa project where everyone gave their list to the Head Elf and the Elf would decide who you got and would send you that list in a direct message.

Amazon keeps the address hidden so the only people who see the list is you, Amazon and third party sellers. The buyer of the gifts has no clue as to your irl name or address. 
We did keep a price cap at around $50 bucks but honestly most people just put in $5-20 dollar items in their list since there's tons of fun things in that price range and it wasn't meant to be fancy, just fun and exciting to be getting a secret present from a secret santa!

Making the list is the hardest part and that's pretty dang easy as long as you remember the important parts.

I've added a little set of pics to show how to set it up in 9 easy steps!!!

Spoiler

Annnnnnd that's all there is to it!

Aside from buying something for the person that the Elf designates to you. :)

So that's how I've done the Secret Santa Project via Amazon list in the past.

Figured it'd be easiest for everyone as everyone has Amazon (except Australians I think, they're upside down anyway)

What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?!

edit by -BD

Last year's Sweepstakes details if you're unfamiliar  https://www.over30cl...prizes-prizes/ 

Short and sweet behind this idea was the more folks who enter the sweepstakes the more winners, more prizes, and larger prizes unlock.  Last year a member won a $300 shopping spree for his kids at Gamestop.  Details of last year's event in the above link.

People don’t think the Universe be like it is, but it do. — Black Science Man

Blizznet: AnitaTissue#1135
Steam: http://steamcommunit...m/id/KnotPunny/
EA: AnitaTissue

Sights Are Hot

Sights Are Hot

Prestige 3

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 2,896
  • 189 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 17h 4m 7s
  • 4 Reach Arounds
  • PSN:sightsRhot
  • XBL:N/A
  • Steam:N/A
  • Uplay:N/A

I can buy for someone, I do not need anything in return though. 

OPrey

OPrey

Prestige 2

• Donor
    • Member ID: 3,481
  • 54 posts
    • Time Online: 19d 19h 41m 31s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationOntario Canada
  • PSN:n/a
  • XBL:n/a
  • Steam:oprey
  • Uplay:TheOPrey

I like.  This is a great idea.

BUTTWARTOUCH

BUTTWARTOUCH

Noob

• PC
    • Member ID: 3,877
  • 6 posts
    • Time Online: 51m 1s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:BUTTWARTOUCH#5648
  • LocationCentral US
  • PSN:N/A
  • Steam:contractkiller777
  • Uplay:n/a
Ya this is a awesome idea count me in

KnotPunny

KnotPunny

Snark

• Moderators
  • 98 posts
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • LocationKansas

Cool beans! I'll be adding a small update later today about picking the correct address thingy! Very importante!
As for choosing to be a giver and not a receiver I figure it's best to set that up with the Elf in charge so they can tick that off on their list! 

U4IASTRM

U4IASTRM

Prestige 3

• Donor
    • Member ID: 3,544
  • 122 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 4h 27m 45s
  • 3 Reach Arounds
  • LocationDodge City, KS
  • XBL:U4IASTRM
  • Steam:PvtSavage
Yup

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 7
  • 5,682 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 23h 8m 55s
  • 122 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:aXBlackDeathXa#2883
  • Youtube:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Twitch.tv:ax_blackdeath_xa
  • Twitter:aXBlackDeathXa
  • LocationVault 15, Michigan
  • Main Platform:PlayStation
  • PSN:aXBlackDeathXa
  • XBL:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Steam:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Uplay:aXBlackDeathXa
  • BattleTag:BlackDeath#12978

User's Awards

Basically I'm wondering if folks would like to try Secret Santa or do we continue with our annual Holiday Sweepstakes?  If you're unfamiliar with what that was - all the details from last year's is here https://www.over30cl...?hl=sweepstakes

New here? Click here and read this!

@Black, I had a internal countdown when you would say something douchey. Congrats, you even defeated my generous estimates.

6dc7ca05ca5ed7ea59e1269f611d1da0.png

0515fe02ed1f5661553f21d40fe79d97.png

Vindadu13

Vindadu13

Prestige 1

• Xbox
    • Member ID: 3,035
  • 48 posts
    • Time Online: 11h 22m 44s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • Main Platform:XBOX
  • PSN:N/a
  • XBL:Vindadu
  • Steam:Vindadu
  • Uplay:N/a
I like both ideas but this holiday season is going to be crazy busy with a new little one. So, I'm more inclined to participate in the holiday sweepstakes.

Hy_Rolr

Hy_Rolr

Prestige 3

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 2,124
  • 126 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 3m 36s
  • 2 Reach Arounds
  • Twitter:@PitVaper
  • LocationWest"by God"Virginia
  • PSN:Hy_Rolr
  • Steam:n/a
While I voted for sweeps I'd be OK with either.

armedfish

armedfish

Prestige 2

• Donor
    • Member ID: 2,757
  • 67 posts
    • Time Online: 16h 23m 11s
  • 2 Reach Arounds
  • Youtube:n/a
  • Twitch.tv:n/a
  • Twitter:n/a
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • PSN:armedfish

This is an awesome idea !!!!   But , I have a question . What if someone's Jewish ????  Are Dradel's an option ???  

"DISCLAIMER"  This is a joke .... I'm kidding !!!!

KnotPunny

KnotPunny

Snark

• Moderators
  • 98 posts
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • LocationKansas

OY VEY!!! Takes great offense!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, but seriously now I know Armedfish wants a driedel for a present! 

delrey

delrey

Prestige 1

• PC
    • Member ID: 3,714
  • 32 posts
    • Time Online: 7h 58m 41s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:delrey1900#6111
  • LocationIndiana
  • Steam:delrey

I think the sweepstakes idea is awesome really.  That takes my vote.  How did last years sweepstakes go?

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 7
  • 5,682 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 23h 8m 55s
  • 122 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:aXBlackDeathXa#2883
  • Youtube:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Twitch.tv:ax_blackdeath_xa
  • Twitter:aXBlackDeathXa
  • LocationVault 15, Michigan
  • PSN:aXBlackDeathXa
  • XBL:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Steam:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Uplay:aXBlackDeathXa
  • BattleTag:BlackDeath#12978

User's Awards

I think the sweepstakes idea is awesome really.  That takes my vote.  How did last years sweepstakes go?

You could always view the link for last year's which I provided and read all about it.  The short and sweet of it was 3 winners top prize being 300 bucks to one of our lucky members who went on a shopping spree at Gamestop for his kids.  Said link includes photos of his holiday haul.

New here? Click here and read this!

@Black, I had a internal countdown when you would say something douchey. Congrats, you even defeated my generous estimates.

6dc7ca05ca5ed7ea59e1269f611d1da0.png

0515fe02ed1f5661553f21d40fe79d97.png

Raven

Raven

Prestige 4

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 2,423
  • 254 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 14h 28m 48s
  • 2 Reach Arounds
  • Youtube:N/A
  • Twitch.tv:N/A
  • Twitter:N/A
  • LocationKansas

I'm on board!

DaButtonMasherZ

DaButtonMasherZ

Noob

• Xbox
    • Member ID: 4,180
  • 9 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 54m 50s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • LocationWashington State
  • Main Platform:XBOX
  • PSN:N/a
  • XBL:DaButtonMasherZ
  • Steam:DaButtonMasherZ
  • Uplay:Union_Triazolam
It's awesome you guys are arranging some stuff like this for the team. I am like Sheldon of Big Bang Theory when it comes to gifts. "I know you think you are being generous, but the foundation of gift giving is reciprocity. You haven't given me a gift. You've given me an obligation."
"The essence of the custom is that I now have to go out and purchase for you a gift of commensurate value and representing the same perceived level of friendship as that represented by the gift you've given me. It's no wonder suicide rates skyrocket this time of year." Bah humbug

Mathoid

Mathoid

Prestige 5

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 2,511
  • 369 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 11h 46m 9s
  • 18 Reach Arounds
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • PSN:Mathoid
  • Steam:Mathoid
Hahaha @DaButtonMasherZ I haven't watched a lot of BBT, but that captures it perfectly!

FatAttack

FatAttack

FatAttack

• Donor
    • Member ID: 3,473
  • 39 posts
    • Time Online: 8h 4m 24s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:FatAttack
  • LocationTexas
  • XBL:FatAttacks
  • Steam:millerm2662
  • Uplay:millerm2662
I like all these ideas. I think Secret Santa is fun even if there are just 20 of us. We should come up with some kind of game where we open them all together while on discord or something.

These ideas should be mutually exclusive not a one or the other. Do SS if you want and together do a sweepstakes.

I would also like to suggest we do something, as we have in the past, for children in need or find a hospital or something that could use game consoles and games etc. Get kids into video games who might not otherwise have a chance.

--They call me Fat.

Hammer

Hammer

Noob

• PC
    • Member ID: 3,641
  • 22 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 28m 47s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Steam:Xero52

I don't get the attraction of Secret Santa done using your own wish list. You're going to get one of a few things you already know and expect.

Sorry if I'm being a party pooper. I like White Elephant style gift exchanges better as they're more fun and surprising, but I don't know of any way to pull that off without all of us being in the same space physically.

I was not here last year but I checked out the thread on the sweepstakes from last year, and I like that idea better.

Abbi9mm

Abbi9mm

Prestige 2

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 3,852
  • 69 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 1h 14m 1s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationOregon
  • PSN:Abbi9mm

I love the fact that either way we are doing something. I also love charity.  as long as it is helpful and real.  I have always been dirt poor, but ill scrounge up some old disk's that i might have.  I bought my nephew a $20 emulator at the mall he can plug into his old ass 13" "boob tube" with built in VCR and I have never seen him smile so big even if they are old 8bits games.  I actually saw him playing Contra on it, and i'm not going to lie, i was a little Jelly.  Anyways, i'm down for whatever, especially beer and bacon, so bring it on, and I will budget it in. 

Mar_cats

Mar_cats

Noob

• PC
    • Member ID: 3,715
  • 7 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 10m 17s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:Mar #6914
  • PSN:N/A
  • Steam:animatrix2003

DUDES!! I love gifts, I like giving them, I like getting them. I don't care if you spend fifty cents or five bucks, its fun to get shit in the mail.

LETS DO THE SECRET SANTA THING!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: christmas, secret santa, 2018, idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users