new google analytics

Welcome to Over 30 Clan
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Important Announcement!

IF YOU'RE LOGGED IN AND SEEING THIS MESSAGE THEN YOU'RE NOT AN OFFICIAL MEMBER YET. SCROLL DOWN AND READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE EMAILING FOR HELP!

If you're trying to join / register its highly recommend you view the FULL VERSION of the website. DO NOT USE THE MOBILE VERSION.

Simply registering on our site does not make you a member! EVERYONE must fill out an application (click 'apply' at the top of the page). Every application is reviewed by our community - this is done with the best intentions to keep our community jerk free. Regardless of the outcome you will receive an answer within 24 to 48 hours of submission.

If you just registered an account and you were brought here proceed to step one below.
If you were brought here after clicking the e-mail validation link proceed to step two below.

If you just filled out the application proceed to step three below.

STEP ONE

Spoiler

STEP TWO
Spoiler

STEP THREE
Spoiler

TLDR (too long didn't read) video version of the instructions

Welcome to the Over 30 Clan

Sign In 

Create Account
Who We Are:
We are more than a clan, we're a community, a brotherhood, and more importantly a family. The Over 30 Clan was founded in 2010 by The1UrLookin4. In early 2014 the reigns were handed over to BlackDeath who now owns and operates the community as a 501c non profit. To put it simply the Over 30 Clan is an online community for adults 30+ years old to share interests and play video games together. As we start 2017 we have over 900 registered members. Our ranks include all walks of life including single folks, moms, dads, veterans, you name it. All of whom are looking for a place to blow off some steam. We are a diverse community with members spanning the globe who game on various consoles / platforms (Xbox, Playstation, and even PC players). We have some REALLY talented gamers but that is NOT a requirement to join! Whether you want to have a few drinks and play casual or you're determined to melt faces we have something for everyone.

What We Do:
PTFO (Play The F@#%ing Objective). This is our clan motto. Have you ever rage quit over some clueless random(s) on your team? Do you typically mute your mic and/or turn off in game chat because the lobby sounds like the halls of a middle school? Well then the Over 30 Clan is for you! We focus on objective play, communication, team work, and most importantly having fun! We've made up silly challenges like riot shield and rocket launchers or tomahawk only classes, all while playing the objective and winning....often! We play, some of us drink / smoke, but we have fun!

What We Play:
The most popular game series we've been known to play: Call of Duty, Destiny, and Battlefield. This isn't to say that's all we play - just about everyone will take a break and try something new and different from time to time. In the past we've had events for GTA V, Forza, and even online Poker nights. Chances are if you post about a game you want to play on our forum you'll get some folks to join you.

Accolades / Accomplishments:
We were at one time ranked the #1 Heavyweight clan for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Domination game mode! We've also scrimmaged against some famous teams including players like oTrademark, Wickedscrapnel, and PWNSTARS. We're also a featured community on the Overdog app which you can find on the Xbox One store.

How do I join?

1) Be 30+ years old (In RARE instances we have made exceptions - this is why every applicant must be voted in by the community. If you don't make the cut please don't take it personal).
2) Register for an account
2) APPLY (must complete step 2, be logged in, click 'Apply' at the top of the page then scroll down to view the application questions ***an application is REQUIRED to become a member***

In order to become a part of the Over 30 Clan you must register an account on our forum (email validation required / CHECK YOUR SPAM). Once registered we require that you fill out a short application by clicking the Apply tab at the top. Complete step by step instructions can be found HERE (be sure to scroll down after following that link). The application process is a quick and easy way for everyone to get acquainted. Applications are typically processed within 24 to 48 hours. Until you are approved you'll have limited access to the site. If you're still in a "Validating" state you can post questions, comments, and concerns in the guest forum HERE.

If all else fails here's a step by step video on how to join.

Additional Information:
How to join the Over 30 Clan
I'm in now what?

Social Media / Contact Us:

Email
Spoiler

-Facebook
-Twitter
-YouTube

-Community YouTube Playlist
-30 in 60 an Over 30 Clan Podcast (YouTube) and now on Soundcloud

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Titanfall - Bro, do you even parkour?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Prestige 8

• Inactive
    • Member ID: 210
  • 600 posts
    • Time Online: 14d 6h 41m 24s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationPA
  • PSN:TheCanisDirus
  • XBL:gun fer hire

I've been seeing that most people online still play Titanfall exactly like they play CoD except that they'll use the double jump/mantle to get on top of shit.  I see VERY little people utilizing the movement mechanics as they were designed to be used.  I think it's just a matter of time but i wanted to drop some knowledge...

Wintergore is a parkour beast...

Drift0r chimes in...

Gamespots parkour tips...

http://ttps://www.yo...h?v=_SzOqwFvhyc

Another...

https://www.youtube....h?v=1fwJJ_xPpxg

Utilizing your parkour moves... double jumping, wall running, wall clinging and chaining these all together will allow you to traverse the map almost instantly, beating people to objectives or flanking the enemy...  it will make you a much harder target to hit... and most importantly... it's crazy fun!

Set your control scheme to one of the bumper jumper choices  (if you dont have a scuf styled controller) and this will be MUCH easier!

EDIT: Idk why the hell the last two wont embed... so i linked 'em.

xXx G3TZUM xXx

xXx G3TZUM xXx

Prestige 3

• Inactive
    • Member ID: 35
  • 180 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 11h 26m 53s
  • 3 Reach Arounds
  • Twitch.tv:xXxG3TZUMxXx
  • Main Platform:XBOX
  • XBL:xXx G3TZUM xXx
Real cool vids

It took me the first regen to really get the parkour gameplay. Now, when I am in a gunfight, my instinct when getting shot at is jump to wall, bounce off and jump/pause/jump back to wall and run....all while shooting.

My gameplay is fucked when I go back to CoD.

PS - I caught myself still trying to dropshot folks in Titanfall last night too.....I'm sure it looks real dumb stopping and crouching in the open in a gunfight...
- If God dropped acid, would he see people?
~ Steven Wright

TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Prestige 8

• Inactive
  • 600 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationPA

Hahaha same here!  First match in TF i went to drop shot and was like, "fuck... no prone"!  

The parkour really does become super natural... i find myself also evading with chaining wallruns and jumps when getting fired at.  I almost wish the time to kill was even longer to encourage the Halo-esq cat and mouse evade and chase gameplay a bit more.  The wallhang is one of my favorite moves for capping objectives or hiding out after a gunfight.  The enemy now has to be concerned that you could be almost fucking anywhere high or low, cloaked, waiting to pounce on them.  I also love how relatively few people know how to wallhang and never look up while a flag is contested in a building haha.

xXx G3TZUM xXx

xXx G3TZUM xXx

Prestige 3

• Inactive
  • 180 posts
  • 3 Reach Arounds
Wall hang above B with parkour kit, cloak, and shotgun = taking camping to a whole new level.
~ Steven Wright

TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Prestige 8

• Inactive
  • 600 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationPA

Wall hang above B with parkour kit, cloak, and shotgun = taking camping to a whole new level.

Hahaha yeah i'm super guilty of that!  Or i like to bait people i know are in a hallway or choke point... i'll pop into view down the end of the corridor and fire a few shots before running down away from them... baiting them to follow, giving me enough time to cloak and jump above out of sight and wait for them to enter the room, or round the corner to find nothing and spin around and look everywhere like "where the fuck did this guy go!?"... i then jump on top of them and boot 'em lol.

xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Prestige 5

• Xbox
    • Member ID: 11
  • 314 posts
    • Time Online: 26d 5h 10m 37s
  • 3 Reach Arounds
  • LocationTejas
  • PSN:TaSk321
  • XBL:xxx migs xxx

Thx for the vids, I actually downloaded TF last night so I will be popping my TF Virginity tonight

Posted Image Posted Image

"But most of all, I resent your perfume, however subtle it may be, competing with the aroma of my fine three-dollar-and-fifty-nine cent cigar, which I will
happily put out this very instant if the phallic nature of it happens to offend your goddamn fragile sensibilities. DOES IT?"

TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Prestige 8

• Inactive
  • 600 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationPA

Hell yes Migs.. hit me up.. same to you getzum... a team in TF dominates games way more than a team in COD... calling in your titans together or at specific points... or teaming up as pilots on titans... you can destroy the other guys.

FightingOkra75

FightingOkra75

Clan Veggie

• Inactive
    • Member ID: 160
  • 740 posts
    • Time Online: 28d 19h 57m 19s
  • 15 Reach Arounds
  • LocationMississippi
  • PSN:FightingOkra75
  • XBL:FightingOkra75
  • Steam:FightingOkra75

Great vids.

I can't parkour for shit.  These vidz are nothing compared to what I've watched from my living room couch though.  My oldest son takes parkouring to a whole different level over these guys.  I'm not exaggerating.  It is incredible to watch a 12 year old dive into a game.

Posted Image

bluehound

bluehound

Grunt

• Xbox
    • Member ID: 101
  • 986 posts
    • Time Online: 51d 19h 8m 22s
  • 21 Reach Arounds
  • Youtube:MrBluehound
  • LocationMadison, Nebraska
  • PSN:bluehound000
  • XBL:BLUEH0UND

User's Awards

a team in TF dominates games way more than a team in COD... calling in your titans together or at specific points... or teaming up as pilots on titans... you can destroy the other guys.

Yeah, with cooperation, communication and teamwork its much easier than randomly running around the map.  I've found the pilot vs titan, and titan vs titan to be similar engagements to a vehicle vs infantry, or tank vs tank engagement in BF. 

First...don't rush in with your titan(tank), or you'll find yourself in the middle of a shooting gallery...you won't last long.  Stay at range and use cover and buildings to give the enemy as small of a target as possible. 

Second...Two tians against one ALWAYS wins, and you'll likely kill the other titan before you take health damage, so he'll only ding your shields which recharge(health doesn't)  So keep near other titans and call out engagements so your team can help you(especially if you don't have the advantage in the engagement).

Third...Pilots should help in the Titan battles by Rodeoing while the titan is distracted by the other titan.  Or just a little help with AMP grenades to take out their shields(this should ALWAYS be the first thing you do), and blind them for a few seconds, or a few shots to give it damage.

Fourth...when you have a titan on the ropes don't let him get away to recharge his shields.  This is where a Stryder titan(or a pilot that can follow and keep the pressure on) comes in handy, they are fast and can move up to finish them off, and get back out before they are destroyed.

Fifth...the BEST defense for being Rodeoed is to equip Electric smoke.  Works every time.  I would get killed when I jump out to kill the enemy riding my titan, now every titan loadout I have has electric smoke,  If you don't want to jump out while being rodeoed then put electric smoke on your titan, and when rodeoed deploy smoke and crouch to kill the enemy, or at least get them to jump off.  When they jump off dash away.

pre_1391535043__sig2med.jpg

BLUEH0UND.png

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

Joseph Heller,

Catch-22

TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Prestige 8

• Inactive
  • 600 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationPA

Okra, it just takes a bunch of trial and error.  And using bumper jumper helps immensely!  Being able to turn and aim and point in the direction you need to go as  youre moving and jumping... def need that!

Yeah, with cooperation, communication and teamwork its much easier than randomly running around the map.  I've found the pilot vs titan, and titan vs titan to be similar engagements to a vehicle vs infantry, or tank vs tank engagement in BF. 

First...don't rush in with your titan(tank), or you'll find yourself in the middle of a shooting gallery...you won't last long.  Stay at range and use cover and buildings to give the enemy as small of a target as possible. 

Second...Two tians against one ALWAYS wins, and you'll likely kill the other titan before you take health damage, so he'll only ding your shields which recharge(health doesn't)  So keep near other titans and call out engagements so your team can help you(especially if you don't have the advantage in the engagement).

Third...Pilots should help in the Titan battles by Rodeoing while the titan is distracted by the other titan.  Or just a little help with AMP grenades to take out their shields(this should ALWAYS be the first thing you do), and blind them for a few seconds, or a few shots to give it damage.

Fourth...when you have a titan on the ropes don't let him get away to recharge his shields.  This is where a Stryder titan(or a pilot that can follow and keep the pressure on) comes in handy, they are fast and can move up to finish them off, and get back out before they are destroyed.

Fifth...the BEST defense for being Rodeoed is to equip Electric smoke.  Works every time.  I would get killed when I jump out to kill the enemy riding my titan, now every titan loadout I have has electric smoke,  If you don't want to jump out while being rodeoed then put electric smoke on your titan, and when rodeoed deploy smoke and crouch to kill the enemy, or at least get them to jump off.  When they jump off dash away.

Agree 100% on everything well minus the smoke but i'll get to that lol...

Having 2 on 1 titan battles, like you said is important!  You really can destroy one with you and a teammate in a matter of seconds... that's why you always get those "youre outnumbered... being engaged by multiple titans" warnings and such.  Titan combat is very much a chess match.  Playing smart as Blue said is very important!

The smoke vs vortex shield debate... I never ever use smoke.  Personally, i find the ability to capture rounds and send them back at the enemy helps me out BIG TIME!  Brief burst of shield usage with dodging and i can avoid almost all damage while sending back extra damage via the shield in between my reloading and salvo reloads.  The trick to getting a pilot off you is sound... listen for the "THUD" of one jumping on your titan (headphones help)... dont wait for the rodeo warning as that means hes ripped off your panel and shooting at your guts already...

As soon as you hear the "THUD", hold X and then jump, dont fall out, double jump and you can simply kick the shit out of him on your titan or shoot him and be back into your titan without even hitting the ground most times.  Takes a little practice but lets you keep your shield and dispatch of pilots super quickly as they're not expecting that!

xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Prestige 5

• Xbox
    • Member ID: 11
  • 314 posts
    • Time Online: 26d 5h 10m 37s
  • 3 Reach Arounds
  • LocationTejas
  • PSN:TaSk321
  • XBL:xxx migs xxx

good tips guys, starting to sound like this is a super fast paced game that you have to be fucking spider man to kill shit. Hoping I can hang with the rest of ya

Posted Image Posted Image

"But most of all, I resent your perfume, however subtle it may be, competing with the aroma of my fine three-dollar-and-fifty-nine cent cigar, which I will
happily put out this very instant if the phallic nature of it happens to offend your goddamn fragile sensibilities. DOES IT?"

slamlrm

slamlrm

Prestige 4

• Inactive
    • Member ID: 23
  • 234 posts
    • Time Online: 11d 3h 18m 47s
  • 4 Reach Arounds
  • LocationArizona
  • XBL:slam lrm
  • XBL ALT:xxx slam xxx, ll slam ll
That's sweet

Sent from my SGH-T889

Meat Ballsagna

Meat Ballsagna

Prestige 7

• Inactive
    • Member ID: 82
  • 572 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 22h 20m 23s
  • 6 Reach Arounds
  • LocationPhoenix
  • XBL:Meat Ballsagna
  • XBL ALT:Meat Balsagna
This is how I parkour. At least this is what I think I look like when I try.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

retodd3d

retodd3d

Handicapable

• Inactive
    • Member ID: 242
  • 36 posts
    • Time Online: 8h 38m 44s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • Locationlong island
  • XBL:ReTodd3D

I reluctantly switched to the pilot bumper jumper layout after watching the parkour vids.  Being able to change direction mid air with your right stick is so important, it should be the default layout. If you're taking your thumb off the right stick to hit the A button to double jump, you're at a huge disadvantage.

xXx G3TZUM xXx

xXx G3TZUM xXx

Prestige 3

• Inactive
  • 180 posts
  • 3 Reach Arounds
Love my scuf
~ Steven Wright

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users