new google analytics

Welcome to Over 30 Clan
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Important Announcement!

IF YOU'RE LOGGED IN AND SEEING THIS MESSAGE THEN YOU'RE NOT AN OFFICIAL MEMBER YET. SCROLL DOWN AND READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE EMAILING FOR HELP!

If you're trying to join / register its highly recommend you view the FULL VERSION of the website. DO NOT USE THE MOBILE VERSION.

Simply registering on our site does not make you a member! EVERYONE must fill out an application (click 'apply' at the top of the page). Every application is reviewed by our community - this is done with the best intentions to keep our community jerk free. Regardless of the outcome you will receive an answer within 24 to 48 hours of submission.

If you just registered an account and you were brought here proceed to step one below.
If you were brought here after clicking the e-mail validation link proceed to step two below.

If you just filled out the application proceed to step three below.

STEP ONE

Spoiler

STEP TWO
Spoiler

STEP THREE
Spoiler

TLDR (too long didn't read) video version of the instructions

Welcome to the Over 30 Clan

Sign In 

Create Account
Who We Are:
We are more than a clan, we're a community, a brotherhood, and more importantly a family. The Over 30 Clan was founded in 2010 by The1UrLookin4. In early 2014 the reigns were handed over to BlackDeath who now owns and operates the community as a 501c non profit. To put it simply the Over 30 Clan is an online community for adults 30+ years old to share interests and play video games together. As we start 2017 we have over 900 registered members. Our ranks include all walks of life including single folks, moms, dads, veterans, you name it. All of whom are looking for a place to blow off some steam. We are a diverse community with members spanning the globe who game on various consoles / platforms (Xbox, Playstation, and even PC players). We have some REALLY talented gamers but that is NOT a requirement to join! Whether you want to have a few drinks and play casual or you're determined to melt faces we have something for everyone.

What We Do:
PTFO (Play The F@#%ing Objective). This is our clan motto. Have you ever rage quit over some clueless random(s) on your team? Do you typically mute your mic and/or turn off in game chat because the lobby sounds like the halls of a middle school? Well then the Over 30 Clan is for you! We focus on objective play, communication, team work, and most importantly having fun! We've made up silly challenges like riot shield and rocket launchers or tomahawk only classes, all while playing the objective and winning....often! We play, some of us drink / smoke, but we have fun!

What We Play:
The most popular game series we've been known to play: Call of Duty, Destiny, and Battlefield. This isn't to say that's all we play - just about everyone will take a break and try something new and different from time to time. In the past we've had events for GTA V, Forza, and even online Poker nights. Chances are if you post about a game you want to play on our forum you'll get some folks to join you.

Accolades / Accomplishments:
We were at one time ranked the #1 Heavyweight clan for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Domination game mode! We've also scrimmaged against some famous teams including players like oTrademark, Wickedscrapnel, and PWNSTARS. We're also a featured community on the Overdog app which you can find on the Xbox One store.

How do I join?

1) Be 30+ years old (In RARE instances we have made exceptions - this is why every applicant must be voted in by the community. If you don't make the cut please don't take it personal).
2) Register for an account
2) APPLY (must complete step 2, be logged in, click 'Apply' at the top of the page then scroll down to view the application questions ***an application is REQUIRED to become a member***

In order to become a part of the Over 30 Clan you must register an account on our forum (email validation required / CHECK YOUR SPAM). Once registered we require that you fill out a short application by clicking the Apply tab at the top. Complete step by step instructions can be found HERE (be sure to scroll down after following that link). The application process is a quick and easy way for everyone to get acquainted. Applications are typically processed within 24 to 48 hours. Until you are approved you'll have limited access to the site. If you're still in a "Validating" state you can post questions, comments, and concerns in the guest forum HERE.

If all else fails here's a step by step video on how to join.

Additional Information:
How to join the Over 30 Clan
I'm in now what?

Social Media / Contact Us:

Email
Spoiler

-Facebook
-Twitter
-YouTube

-Community YouTube Playlist
-30 in 60 an Over 30 Clan Podcast (YouTube) and now on Soundcloud

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Clan logo?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MadMunkee108

MadMunkee108

D2 alt dev

• Donor
    • Member ID: 3,331
  • 24 posts
    • Time Online: 14h 1m 54s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationHamburg
  • PSN:MadMunkee108
  • XBL:n/a
  • Steam:n/a
  • Uplay:n/a
I'm a designer with almost 30 years exeperience, so maybe these things are important to me only, but I've been seeing us in different places - here, clan banners, twitter, discord, etc. - and it seems we have a different logo, font, colors, etc. in almost every one of them, ie no consistent, recognizable visual identity.

Maybe everyone likes it that way? More likely, most of you have never even thought about it? If so, that's cool, but if it's from lack of a willing & capable designer, I'd like to offer my services.

My idea is to develop some simple symbols and colors that could be adapted to all sorts of applications, like banners, military style patches, medieval shields, social media avatars, etc, so no matter where we're represented, we'd represent o30c in style, and recognizably. I'd want to do it in steps, with posts here and feedback as it develops.

Would you 30's be interested, or would I be wasting my time working on this?

Sights Are Hot

Sights Are Hot

Prestige 3

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 2,896
  • 161 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 20h 59m 52s
  • 4 Reach Arounds
  • PSN:sightsRhot
  • XBL:N/A
  • Steam:N/A
  • Uplay:N/A

Great idea! Run it by BlackDeath, T Nitti and the others.

CmyKaos

CmyKaos

Prestige 2

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 3,286
  • 71 posts
    • Time Online: 19h 46m 41s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • LocationUSA - West Coast
  • Main Platform:PlayStation
  • PSN:cmykaos

I am a designer also  thus the CMYK.... i feel you but i think its a designer thing... interested to see your take on it.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 7
  • 5,016 posts
    • Time Online: 43d 11h 41m 53s
  • 110 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:aXBlackDeathXa#2883
  • Youtube:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Twitch.tv:ax_blackdeath_xa
  • Twitter:aXBlackDeathXa
  • LocationBig Country, MI
  • PSN:aXBlackDeathXa
  • XBL:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Steam:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Uplay:aXBlackDeathXa

User's Awards

I've been down this road so many times.  There's a handful some are really old during the inception and most are varying designs I had done but none of them are official.

This is the most recent I had done and its the only one I'd consider official - its for the podcast obviously.  I have no intentions of re-doing this one or replacing it.

d00cb70704886ebf9ccb3f9abb919318.png

This is the one I recently switched to on Discord and its the one I've been using on letterhead.  Another member created it and I'm quite fond of it.

9607b4c2c800b9cc9ec029c2d3118abf.png

I have variations of this design representing our three major platforms blue for ps4, green for xbox, and a silver one for pc.  I then had a multi colored one trying to represent all three but it never grew on me.  I own the font for these.

3d136d8c35bd31b4f62d21adca498413.png

Some of these are a pain in the ass to print on shirts or embroider (if they have shading or gradients) but the straight color ones don't look that great when viewed on a digital platform.

I'm always open to suggestions.  Was your intention on donating your services? 

New here? Click here and read this!

Over 30 Clan 'Who We Are' Montage - Caution this video may contain too much awesome for you to handle.

Over 30 Clan Podcast (now on YouTube) Got time to kill? Then click this already. Also now on SoundCloud CLICK HERE.

Over 30 Clan YouTube Community Playlist - post videos on the forum and I add them here for everyone to see.

Have you added or changed which console / platform you're playing on? Have your groups updated here.

Interested in playing on PC? Click Here to view our Steam Community Group (PM for invite).

@Black, I had a internal countdown when you would say something douchey. Congrats, you even defeated my generous estimates.

6dc7ca05ca5ed7ea59e1269f611d1da0.png

0515fe02ed1f5661553f21d40fe79d97.png

ConvertedCrow

ConvertedCrow

Jarl of o30c

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 2,157
  • 477 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 11h 30m 16s
  • 5 Reach Arounds
  • Youtube:Converted Crow o30c
  • LocationKansas
  • PSN:Converted_Crow
  • Steam:Insantyz_Crow
  • Uplay:N/a
I'd be curious to see yall play with our website one. I think that would be a good idea to maybe play with that one.
HEY FNG's! Click here to learn more about what your suppose to do
Posted Image

"I Will Not Walk Backward in Life." -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Mathoid

Mathoid

Prestige 4

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 2,511
  • 214 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 1h 4m 9s
  • 11 Reach Arounds
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • PSN:Mathoid
  • Steam:Mathoid
I like the idea of a common color theme and symbol/design set to give us a more professional appearance. However, I'm not really sure how many different places we have visibility, and that sounds like a lot of work. People have jobs at my company where all they do is handle branding.

MadMunkee108

MadMunkee108

D2 alt dev

• Donor
  • 24 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationHamburg

I'm always open to suggestions.  Was your intention on donating your services? 

My rule on free work is "if you're earning money form my work, I should also earn money for doing it." I'm assuming no one's getting rich off of o30c. ;)

The idea would be to define 2 or 3 colors and 1 or 2 symbols, and when we've basically agreed on those, to create a few combinations in different formats for different uses, like a banner, logo, social media badge, etc. I'm not talking about a massive branding guide or anything, so not a crazy tonne of work.

I'll work up a few first ideas and post again here for feedback.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
  • 5,016 posts
  • 110 Reach Arounds

User's Awards

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Over 30 Clan 'Who We Are' Montage - Caution this video may contain too much awesome for you to handle.

Over 30 Clan Podcast (now on YouTube) Got time to kill? Then click this already. Also now on SoundCloud CLICK HERE.

Over 30 Clan YouTube Community Playlist - post videos on the forum and I add them here for everyone to see.

Have you added or changed which console / platform you're playing on? Have your groups updated here.

Interested in playing on PC? Click Here to view our Steam Community Group (PM for invite).

@Black, I had a internal countdown when you would say something douchey. Congrats, you even defeated my generous estimates.

TheBarefootYeti

TheBarefootYeti

Noob

• Xbox
    • Member ID: 3,353
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 25m 3s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • Youtube:na
  • Twitch.tv:na
  • Twitter:na
  • LocationKent UK
  • Main Platform:XBOX
  • PSN:na
  • XBL:TheBarefootYeti
  • Steam:na
  • Uplay:na

I'm no creative but am long enough in the tooth, etc and so on. Been bouncing the idea of "over 30" in mathematics. Here's my (very basic) suggestion using the fact that good logos are always simple. Yes, yes, I know it is crude and basic; as a I  :-)

>30<lan

Worry is the polluted trout in the stream of consciousness.

MadMunkee108

MadMunkee108

D2 alt dev

• Donor
  • 24 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationHamburg

TBH, that's the thing that seems sub-optimal to me about the current logoish things we've got floating around: they're based on typography. IMHO, letters have a far weaker visual impact than a clear and simple symbol. Type generally also leads to a horizontal shape, just because of what it is, but we have vertical banners, circular/square avatars, etc. Anyway, the direction I'm thinking is definitely more of a symbol/colour/pattern combo. I'm hoping to get to it soon, but I've been too busy playing Destiny 2 to get to it so far. ;)

Mathoid

Mathoid

Prestige 4

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 2,511
  • 214 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 1h 4m 9s
  • 11 Reach Arounds
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • PSN:Mathoid
  • Steam:Mathoid
At least you've got your priorities straight! Destiny first, logos later.

MadMunkee108

MadMunkee108

D2 alt dev

• Donor
  • 24 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationHamburg

At least you've got your priorities straight! Destiny first, logos later.

Yep. :) Now if I could just find someone to help me with my first Nightfall...

Iron-Toss

Iron-Toss

Corporate Lackey

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 3,030
  • 149 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 3h 54m 50s
  • 3 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:Iron-Toss
  • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
  • PSN:Iron-Toss
  • Steam:x_irontoss_x
  • Uplay:Iron-Toss

Yep. :) Now if I could just find someone to help me with my first Nightfall...

I need to run it on both my characters yet, will have time later this evening (or tomorrow sometime).  If your still looking, let me know.

01Jblde.jpg?1

rV0zEXD.jpg

MadMunkee108

MadMunkee108

D2 alt dev

• Donor
  • 24 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationHamburg

I need to run it on both my characters yet, will have time later this evening (or tomorrow sometime).  If your still looking, let me know.

Thanks mate. Won't manage to play tonight most likely, but hope to be on a bit the weekend.

jaybird

jaybird

Prestige 2

• Donor
    • Member ID: 3,019
  • 95 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 19h 27m 26s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationSaskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada
  • PSN:jaybirdgeo82
  • XBL:jaybirdgeo82
  • Steam:jaybirdgeo82
  • Uplay:na

I really like the emblem @LtotheBoogie made for BF1

oauldp96e97.png

EstimatdProphet

EstimatdProphet

Prestige 3

• Xbox
    • Member ID: 24
  • 105 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 21h 16m 7s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • Youtube:xxEstimatdProphetxx
  • Twitter:@Est_Prophet
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • XBL:EstimatdProphet

I am a designer also  thus the CMYK.... i feel you but i think its a designer thing... interested to see your take on it.

Ha! I just got your gamertag. That's cool as shit, your gamertag is over the ink limit dude.

I'm a designer with almost 30 years exeperience, so maybe these things are important to me only, but I've been seeing us in different places - here, clan banners, twitter, discord, etc. - and it seems we have a different logo, font, colors, etc. in almost every one of them, ie no consistent, recognizable visual identity.

Maybe everyone likes it that way? More likely, most of you have never even thought about it? If so, that's cool, but if it's from lack of a willing & capable designer, I'd like to offer my services.

My idea is to develop some simple symbols and colors that could be adapted to all sorts of applications, like banners, military style patches, medieval shields, social media avatars, etc, so no matter where we're represented, we'd represent o30c in style, and recognizably. I'd want to do it in steps, with posts here and feedback as it develops.

Would you 30's be interested, or would I be wasting my time working on this?

I've had these same thoughts for years ... but then I go back to playing Titanfall or Destiny too much. I think it bothers us graphic dudes more than most but I totally agree, it would be nice to have a uniform symbol, one that's recognizable and simple enough to reproduce. Talking about using simple symbols and colors what were you thinking about doing, like a coat of arms or something? This is merely my opinion but making something out of a 30 or having the 30 prominent in the symbol would be key. It would be cool too see your thoughts on this. But back to the grind first, I'm only at 275 and haven't done a Nightfall yet.

--
Jay

MadMunkee108

MadMunkee108

D2 alt dev

• Donor
  • 24 posts
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationHamburg

What with life, interesting games, and a general feeling of "we don't really need/want it", I'm putting this subject to bed.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
  • 5,016 posts
  • 110 Reach Arounds

User's Awards

If our resident graphic artists care to help us out.  I could some basic designs / logos.  The intent is to be used for "awards" similar to the ones you may see below folks names now (Donator, BF Server, etc.)

They need to be 150x100 or smaller to fit within the profile field of the user.

1) Something to reflect "Member of the month"

2) Something to reflect our 2017 Holiday Winner - I'd really like to incorporate the year into this somehow as I have intentions on running this again in the future.

3) Something to reflect our Giveaway Winners - as opposed to the holiday fundraiser (which is yearly) I'm trying to run the giveaways monthly - I don't think we need one for each month of the year just saying it can be more generic whereas I needed the specific year incorporated in 2)

Again these don't have to be elaborate you have creative freedom other than the few points I outlined above.  Sooner the better but there's no set deadline.  

Thank you!

Bumba_Clyde

Bumba_Clyde

Noob

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 3,351
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 36m 38s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • LocationSATX
  • PSN:Bumba_Clyde

Glad I found this thread and glad to see there is some momentum here. I was looking for this information as the PS4 Warframe clan dojo has banners in it by default, and in a video I was watching on dojo design, their banners had there clan logo on them. Also, the clan emblem was put on every warframe's shoulders like a patch. The clan was NOG (Night Owl Gaming) and their logo lends itself to things like stickers, banners, patches, etc. because it's fairly simple and round.

I actually have a design background too (lol) and the one thing I remember my design/art profs telling us was 'simplicity is the essence of design'. And it had to work at a 1/2" for business correspondence, etc., and it had to work in black and white. From what I've seen in this thread so far, the one that seems to fit the bill most closely is the one Black Death uses for letter head (the green and blue one with the 30 in the middle). I actually think it's pretty clever as well as simple, but I'd be interested in what some folks come up with.

I'm not looking to step in the design arena, but I'd like to know what the official clan colors are (I suggest picking a Pantone version of that green and blue if that's what you like, as Pantone makes the color consistent no matter where it's displayed). That way I can apply that color scheme to the inside of the dojo, but that can be done later, no rush.

Glad to see some real designers involved, I'll be watching to see how this develops.  :)

Flyboy

Flyboy

Noob

• Xbox
    • Member ID: 3,615
  • 14 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 36m 52s
  • 1 Reach Arounds
  • LocationNC
  • PSN:n/a
  • XBL:FFlyboyy

Used to be graphics person here to. (owned a sign company for many years)

I'll agree that it's good for a standard and a gee whiz woo hoo logo could be designed but after thinking about this, I think it needs to incorporate o30c,

Why? because that's easy to use as a clan tag in a game and will probably be the most recognized. Put a border around it, make it colorful but I think the simplicity is good.

Just my 2 cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users