new google analytics

Welcome to Over 30 Clan
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Important Announcement!

IF YOU ARE LOGGED IN AND SEEING THIS MESSAGE THEN YOU ARE NOT AN OFFICIAL MEMBER YET. SCROLL DOWN AND READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE EMAILING FOR HELP!

If you're trying to join / register its highly recommend you view the FULL VERSION of the website. DO NOT USE THE MOBILE VERSION.

Simply registering on our site does not make you a member! EVERYONE must fill out an application (click 'apply' at the top of the page). Every application is reviewed by our community - this is done with the best intentions to keep our community jerk free. Regardless of the outcome you will receive an answer within 72 hours of submission.

If you just registered an account and you were brought here proceed to step one below.
If you were brought here after clicking the e-mail validation link proceed to step two below.

If you just filled out the application proceed to step three below.

STEP ONE

Spoiler

STEP TWO
Spoiler

STEP THREE
Spoiler

TLDR (too long didn't read) video version of the instructions

I realize the process isn't as simple as one click and done. We are working on improving the application process in the near future. However, if you just take the time to read and follow the instructions you'll make it thru. If all else fails contact us for help
Spoiler

Email sent to ANY other address will be ignored. DO NOT contact us with solicitations of any sort!

Welcome to the Over 30 Clan

Sign In 

Create Account
Who We Are:
We are more than a clan, we're a community, a brotherhood, and more importantly a family. The Over 30 Clan was founded in 2010 by The1UrLookin4. In early 2014 the reigns were handed over to BlackDeath who now owns and operates the community as a 501c non profit. To put it simply the Over 30 Clan is an online community for adults 30+ years old to share interests and play video games together. As we start 2018 we have over 1400 registered members. Our ranks include all walks of life including single folks, moms, dads, veterans, you name it. All of whom are looking for a place to blow off some steam. We are a diverse community with members spanning the globe who game on various consoles / platforms (Xbox, Playstation, and even PC players). We have some REALLY talented gamers but that is NOT a requirement to join! Whether you want to have a few drinks and play casual or you're determined to melt faces we have something for everyone.

What We Do:
PTFO (Play The F@#%ing Objective). This is our clan motto. Have you ever rage quit over some clueless random(s) on your team? Do you typically mute your mic and/or turn off in game chat because the lobby sounds like the halls of a middle school? Well then the Over 30 Clan is for you! We focus on objective play, communication, team work, and most importantly having fun! We've made up silly challenges like riot shield and rocket launchers or tomahawk only classes, all while playing the objective and winning....often! We play, some of us drink / smoke, but we have fun!

What We Play:
The most popular game series we've been known to play: Call of Duty, Destiny, and Battlefield. This isn't to say that's all we play - just about everyone will take a break and try something new and different from time to time. In the past we've had events for GTA V, Forza, and even online Poker nights. Chances are if you post about a game you want to play on our forum you'll get some folks to join you.

Accolades / Accomplishments:
We were at one time ranked the #1 Heavyweight clan for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Domination game mode! We've also scrimmaged against some famous teams including players like oTrademark, Wickedscrapnel, and PWNSTARS. We're also a featured community on the Overdog app which you can find on the Xbox One store.

How do I join?

1) Be 30+ years old (In RARE instances we have made exceptions - this is why every applicant must be voted in by the community. If you don't make the cut please don't take it personal).
2) Register for an account
2) APPLY (must complete step 2, be logged in, click 'Apply' at the top of the page then scroll down to view the application questions ***an application is REQUIRED to become a member***

In order to become a part of the Over 30 Clan you must register an account on our forum (email validation required / CHECK YOUR SPAM). Once registered we require that you fill out a short application by clicking the Apply tab at the top. Complete step by step instructions can be found HERE (be sure to scroll down after following that link). The application process is a quick and easy way for everyone to get acquainted. Applications are typically processed within 24 to 48 hours. Until you are approved you'll have limited access to the site. If you're still in a "Validating" state you can post questions, comments, and concerns in the guest forum HERE.

If all else fails here's a step by step video on how to join.

Additional Information:
How to join the Over 30 Clan
I'm in now what?

Social Media / Contact Us:

Email
Spoiler

-Facebook
-Twitter
-YouTube

-Community YouTube Playlist
-30 in 60 an Over 30 Clan Podcast (YouTube) and now on Soundcloud

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My PS4 Pro Review

PS4 Pro PS4 Pro Comparison PS4 Slim PS4 vs. PS4 Pro Review

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Iron-Toss

Iron-Toss

Corporate Lackey

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 3,030
  • 161 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 5h 46m 34s
  • 3 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:Iron-Toss
  • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
  • Main Platform:PC
  • PSN:Iron-Toss
  • XBL:n/a
  • Steam:x_irontoss_x
  • Uplay:Iron-Toss

My PS4 Pro Review

First off, I have had a PS4 since day one (back from when they first came out) and then last Christmas, traded in the original for a PS4 Slim (EBGames/GameStop had a $100 upgrade option. I have been contemplating a PS4 Pro for some time but never pulled the plug on actually going down and seriously looking at one, until recently when Destiny 2 released. I also recently purchased a Samsung 65” Smart 4K TV, which is required for a PS4 Pro to broadcast its intended graphics punch.

I spent a ton of time watching comparison videos online, a good example is the one linked below. In the video you can clearly see there are graphical improvements/benefits when comparing a PS4 to a PS4 Pro.

So a couple weeks ago, September 11th to be exact, I decided it’s time….. off to Best Buy and picked up a black PS4 Pro.  I was debating the White Destiny 2 Pro bundle but I already purchased the Destiny 2 Digital Edition that comes with everything (all DLC, all extras, etc.).

Unboxing

0BHDXuim.jpg

Even before unboxing, the PS4 Pro is HEAVY!!  Huge difference between the weight of a typical PS4. Another thing I immediately noticed is the thickness (gauge) of the power cable, which is significantly thicker than that of a typical PS4.

As you can see below, the PS4 vs. PS4 Pro are very different in size.

PS4 Pro on left -- PS4 Slim on right

1GLuqsrm.jpg

PS4 Pro on top-- PS4 Slim on bottom

6DukTOwm.jpg

Below are a couple more comparison photos of the available ports on the back of the PS4 and the PS4 Pro. 

Back of the PS4 Pro

nqukkAHm.jpg

Back of the PS4 Slim

sp1fHXKm.jpg

*** Note, both the PS4 Slim and the PS4 Pro have TWO USB PORTS on the front (no pictures included in this post of that).

Setup / Transfer of Files-Content

I won’t bore you all with the process in transferring content from the PS4 to the PS4 Pro, but Playstation has a pretty good setup where you use a network cable and connect the two machines together. Both need to be on the same network and once complete, the transfer is a very simple process, however if you have a bunch of files (hundreds of Mb) it will take HOURS and HOURS to complete.  In my situation, all I had to do was transfer a few screenshots, videos, etc. as I have all my games installed on an external hard drive (more on that issue later).

First Run and Setup Challenges

So here’s where things got interesting……

Ok, everything is transferred and good to go….. plug in the PS4 Pro and my TV screen blinks off and on randomly.  So I can see the PS4 Pro menu for a few seconds, then no screen for a few more seconds, back and forth.  Ended up being an incompatible HDMI cable, which I replaced and instantly resolved the issue.

First up, Destiny 2… and WOW, huge different in graphic quality plus all sorts of additional graphics/flair in the game that I never noticed before on the typical PS4.  Another huge benefit for me was having a proper setup with my Astro A50’s as the PS4 Slim’s do not come with an optical port. Hooking up the A50s properly to the PS4 Pro it was like night and day for sound quality.  Nothing specifically to do with the PS4 Pro itself, however if you are running some simulated or pass via HDMI back to the TV, etc. it, at least in my opinion, isn’t close to comparable to a true optical connection.

External Hard Drive

Go into the old PS4 under SETTINGS --> DEVICES --> USB STORAGE --> Select the EXTERNAL hard drive and "STOP USING THIS AS EXTENDED STORAGE". Once you do that, it will be a simple plug-and-play when you plug the external into your new PS4 Pro, all the games will be there, no re-installs, or re-downloads.

IMPORTANT - If you skip this step, when you plug the external into the PS4 Pro, it will not transfer/load the games as the drive will still think it's "linked" to the old PS4.

https://www.reddit.c...fer_to_ps4_pro/

Also, I decided to transfer Destiny 2 to the PS4 Pro's internal hard drive.... BAD IDEA. The game would not launch, and the only option was to DELETE the game and re-download, which sucked as it is approx. 35Gb.  I can only expect that the game being installed on the external hard drive via the PS4 Slim must have residual files somewhere on the actual system?  Not sure, either way use caution on attempting to transfer files from the external to the PS4 Pro if your upgrading from a typical PS4.

Summary

So a couple weeks now playing Destiny 2 and a couple other games, I have no doubt I made the right decision.  My gaming experience has greatly increased, however my K/D is still shitty (somewhat) so don’t expect that to go up with the fancy new machine.

I also recall a bunch of issues with Destiny 2 and the PS4 Pro, bugs or something, all of which I have yet to experience.  I’d like to take the Pro for a test drive a bit more on Battlefield 1, other games supporting the Pro, and maybe even put that POS Mass Effect Andromeda back in and see how that looks.

After selling my PS4 Slim, the “upgrade” cost me around $300CDN, and in my opinion something I would do again for sure, no regrets. I can easily see the graphic improvements and I have a sense of performance also, doesn't appear to be any lag, be it draw distance or whatever. The purchase cost $600CDN is pretty steep but if you can get away with selling your old PS4 for a decent price, I feel it's worth it. There are a TON of PS4 to PS4 Pro comparison reviews, images, videos, etc. that can be easily found online if you do your research. As long as you have a good 4K TV, properly supported HDMI cable you will no doubt see the difference! The PS4 Pro kicks out a TON OF HEAT also, so be sure you got some good ventilation around the unit.

I'll update this thread in the coming weeks/months as I get more time in on it.  If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them from my experience so far.  Let me know........ Chad (Iron-Toss)

Larger Pictures (if you want more detail)

https://imgur.com/0BHDXui (Unboxing)

https://imgur.com/1GLuqsr (Side by Side Comparison)

https://imgur.com/6DukTOw (Top and Bottom Comparison)

https://imgur.com/nqukkAH (PS4 Pro Ports)

https://imgur.com/sp1fHXK (PS4 Slim Ports)

Iron-Toss

Iron-Toss

Corporate Lackey

• PlayStation
    • Member ID: 3,030
  • 161 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 5h 46m 34s
  • 3 Reach Arounds
  • Discord:Iron-Toss
  • LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
  • Main Platform:PC
  • PSN:Iron-Toss
  • XBL:n/a
  • Steam:x_irontoss_x
  • Uplay:Iron-Toss

Here is an additional video explaining the graphic comparison to PS4 / PS4 Pro and XBOX One..... longer video (~19mins) but shows multiple comparison options and plenty of info.

The comparison review starts around the 9 minute mark of the video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users