new google analytics

Welcome to Over 30 Clan
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Important Announcement!

If you are validating please check your email and click the link inside to validate your email. Once you have validated your email you will need to visit the Apply button up top and apply for the Members application. Once your application has been received we will let you know in a few days if you are approved. If you do not apply you will not be validated.

Welcome to the Over 30 Clan

Sign In 

Create Account
Who We Are:
We are more than a clan, we're a community, a brotherhood, and more importantly a family. The Over 30 Clan was founded in 2010 by The1UrLookin4. In early 2014 the reigns were handed over to BlackDeath who now owns and operates the community as a 501c non profit. To put it simply the Over 30 Clan is an online community for adults 30+ years old to share interests and play video games together. As we start 2017 we have over 900 registered members. Our ranks include all walks of life including single folks, moms, dads, veterans, you name it. All of whom are looking for a place to blow off some steam. We are a diverse community with members spanning the globe who game on various consoles / platforms (Xbox, Playstation, and even PC players). We have some REALLY talented gamers but that is NOT a requirement to join! Whether you want to have a few drinks and play casual or you're determined to melt faces we have something for everyone.

What We Do:
PTFO (Play The F@#%ing Objective). This is our clan motto. Have you ever rage quit over some clueless random(s) on your team? Do you typically mute your mic and/or turn off in game chat because the lobby sounds like the halls of a middle school? Well then the Over 30 Clan is for you! We focus on objective play, communication, team work, and most importantly having fun! We've made up silly challenges like riot shield and rocket launchers or tomahawk only classes, all while playing the objective and winning....often! We play, some of us drink / smoke, but we have fun!

What We Play:
The most popular game series we've been known to play: Call of Duty, Destiny, and Battlefield. This isn't to say that's all we play - just about everyone will take a break and try something new and different from time to time. In the past we've had events for GTA V, Forza, and even online Poker nights. Chances are if you post about a game you want to play on our forum you'll get some folks to join you.

Accolades / Accomplishments:
We were at one time ranked the #1 Heavyweight clan for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Domination game mode! We've also scrimmaged against some famous teams including players like oTrademark, Wickedscrapnel, and PWNSTARS. We're also a featured community on the Overdog app which you can find on the Xbox One store.

How do I join?

1) Be 30+ years old (In RARE instances we have made exceptions - this is why every applicant must be voted in by the community. If you don't make the cut please don't take it personal).
2) Register for an account
2) APPLY (must complete step 2, be logged in, click 'Apply' at the top of the page then scroll down to view the application questions ***an application is REQUIRED to become a member***

In order to become a part of the Over 30 Clan you must register an account on our forum (email validation required / CHECK YOUR SPAM). Once registered we require that you fill out a short application by clicking the Apply tab at the top. Complete step by step instructions can be found HERE (be sure to scroll down after following that link). The application process is a quick and easy way for everyone to get acquainted. Applications are typically processed within 24 to 48 hours. Until you are approved you'll have limited access to the site. If you're still in a "Validating" state you can post questions, comments, and concerns in the guest forum HERE.

If all else fails here's a step by step video on how to join.

Additional Information:
How to join the Over 30 Clan
I'm in now what?

Social Media / Contact Us:

Email
Spoiler

-Facebook
-Twitter
-YouTube

-Community YouTube Playlist
-30 in 60 an Over 30 Clan Podcast (YouTube) and now on Soundcloud

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Clan meetup - Gamers for Giving 2017 April 1st & 2nd (MI)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 7
  • 4,212 posts
    • Time Online: 38d 1h 1m 18s
  • 102 Reach Arounds
  • Youtube:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Twitch.tv:ax_blackdeath_xa
  • Twitter:aXBlackDeathXa
  • LocationBig Country, MI
  • Main Platform:PS4
  • PSN:aXBlackDeathXa
  • XBL:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Steam:aXBlackDeathXa
  • Uplay:aXBlackDeathXa

User's Awards

I can't believe it's almost that time again!  Last year was our first meetup I went along with my son, and @alX Newfie Xla and @DARK BAWGS all met up at the EMU campus.  I'm hoping we can get some more 30's to visit up this way.  A quick recap on the event consoles and PCs are all welcome.  Bring your games and all accessories,, cables (including ethernet min 25ft long), and monitor of sorts.  PC folk make sure all your games are downloaded and patched prior to the event.  We did have some hiccups at the start of the event last year with connectivity.  Console folk be warned you'll have a strict NAT at this event.  We were able to play online but it was difficult to join on each other and party up.

There is a nice discount for lodging at the nearby Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest.  They have not yet released those details but this is where we stayed last year - it was a real nice place and close by.  If you decide to fly in I may be able to pick you up from the airport.

This event is cheap - a single spot last year was $15 I believe - I personally rented 3 spots for my son and I to have some elbow room.  There are VIP spots which cost more that got you closer to the NOC and a waiter/waitress of sorts that would run and get you things.  VIP was $75 I believe - it also granted you a little more room than a regular spot.  More details will come as they're released.  I'm basing all this off last year's event.  Anyhow I'm hoping to meet some more of ya in 2017!

Mark your calendars, fellow gamers! Our next annual Gamers for Giving event will be taking place on the weekend of April 1st & 2nd, 2017!

No, this is not an April fool's joke - but think of the potential for streaming content!

We'll once again be returning to the Eastern Michigan University Convocation Center, a venue which hosts a wide array of events including concerts, tradeshows, banquets, and Gamers for Giving!

382a85c8ded5ea5ef70a7624c4eb94f4.jpg

Over the coming weeks, we'll release more information regarding the 2017 event, including our fundraising goals, and schedule of headline tournaments and activities. As usual, you can expect a full weekend of competitive tournaments and casual LAN camaraderie.

In the meantime, we're still working away to scale Project GO Kart and exercise the resources generated from our previous event! Be on the lookout this holiday / early next year as we begin rolling out the first new GO Kart units!

You can stay in sync with the latest news related to Gamers for Giving 2017 by following the Gamers for Giving blog, or following Gamers Outreach on Twitter and Facebook

Be sure to use the official hashtag #GFG2017 on Twitter!

As of right now 10/13 their website hasn't updated for the 2017 event.  So stay up to date with Gamers for Giving blog HERE http://gamersforgiving.org/blog/

*** UPDATE 12/21/2016 ***

Heads up, friends! Gamers for Giving 2017 tickets will go on sale Friday, January 13th!

Over these few weeks, we'll be updating the Gamers for Giving website with all kinds of goodness related to next year's event. Be on the lookout over the coming days as we upload our list of headline tournaments, travel information, ticket availability, and share various ways you can support the big fundraising goal!

As we get closer and closer to April, we'll start rolling out our broadcast schedule, as well as any special activities taking place on the big weekend.

2017 is going to be an incredible year for Gamers Outreach, our programs, and those we support. We can't wait to celebrate with you at Gamers for Giving!

You can stay in sync with the latest news related to Gamers for Giving 2017 by checking the Gamers for Giving blog, or following Gamers Outreach on Twitter and Facebook. Be sure to use the official hashtag #GFG2017!

Hope to see you on April 1st & 2nd at the EMU Convocation Center!

*** UPDATE 01/12/2017 ***

Ready your computers and grab your controllers! Gamers for Giving 2017 tickets will go on sale Friday, January 13th at 11:00 AM eastern!

Scheduled for April 1st & 2nd, Gamers for Giving 2017 will be taking place within the Eastern Michigan University Convocation Center. Here's a breakdown of the passes available for purchase:
BYOC LAN Seat: $30 Online | $40 at the Door
Purchase this ticket if you would like to participate in the BYOC LAN. This ticket also grants you entry into all of our headline PC tournaments. As an attendee, you'll bring your PC / console and have a dedicated space to play video games with fellow attendees for the entire weekend! Internet / 2 power outlets are provided with each seat. We'll also be supporting a variety of casual PC game servers for leisure-play. Check out the LAN Party section of the website to see a list of things you'll want to bring.

VIP LAN Seat & Sky Loft: $125 Online | $200 at the Door
Purchase this ticket if you would like to participate in the BYOC LAN as a VIP. This ticket includes a number of extra benefits, including...
Access to the Gamers Outreach Sky Loft: The Sky Loft is a hospitality lounge with privileged views of the arena floor, set aside as an area for guests, partners, and streamers. Premium food items and beverages will be served in a relaxing atmosphere, overlooking the entirety of the Gamers for Giving venue.
Extra Table Space: VIPs receive an extra foot of table space.
Early Access to the Venue: VIPs will be able to set up their rigs before the doors of Gamers for Giving open.
Gamers for Giving T-shirt: VIPs receive a Gamers for Giving t-shirt as part of their purchase!
Skip the Check-in Line: VIPs will be able to bypass the check-in line the morning of Gamers for Giving.

Halo Team Pass: $160 Online | $200 at the Door
Purchase this pass to compete in the Gamers for Giving 2017 Halo 5 tournament on Xbox One. This team pass grants a total of 4 players + 1 coach with access to the event. Only 1 member from your team needs to purchase this pass for your group. Team information will be collected when you check-in at the event.

Call of Duty Team Pass (MWR / IW): $160 Online | $200 at the Door
Purchase this pass to compete in the Gamers for Giving 2017 Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered AND Infinite Warfare tournaments. Tournaments will be hosted on the PlayStation 4 console. This team pass grants a total of 4 players + 1 coach with access to the event. Only 1 member from your team needs to purchase this pass for your group. Team information will be collected when you check-in at the event.

Super Smash Bros. Melee Player Pass: $20 Online | $30 at the Door
Purchase this pass to compete in the Gamers for Giving 2017 Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament on GameCube. This pass grants 1 player with access to the event.
As usual, press and spectators will be able to access Gamers for Giving for free! If you are a parent accommodating a minor, a member of the press, or you're someone who just wants to come and check out the event, you'll only need to visit the spectator check-in desk when you arrive.

Be sure to help spread Gamers for Giving hype by tweeting us with the hashtag #GFG2017! 

We hope to see you on April 1st & 2nd at the EMU Convocation Center!

New here? Click here and read this!

Over 30 Clan 'Who We Are' Montage - Caution this video may contain too much awesome for you to handle.

Over 30 Clan Podcast (now on YouTube) Got time to kill? Then click this already. Also now on SoundCloud CLICK HERE.

Over 30 Clan YouTube Community Playlist - post videos on the forum and I add them here for everyone to see.

Have you added or changed which console / platform you're playing on? Have your groups updated here.

Interested in playing on PC? Click Here to view our Steam Community Group (PM for invite).

@Black, I had a internal countdown when you would say something douchey. Congrats, you even defeated my generous estimates.

6dc7ca05ca5ed7ea59e1269f611d1da0.png

0515fe02ed1f5661553f21d40fe79d97.png

alX Newfie Xla

alX Newfie Xla

Prestige 4

• PS4
    • Member ID: 113
  • 334 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 15h 27m 13s
  • 5 Reach Arounds
  • Twitch.tv:aLXNewfieXLa
  • Twitter:@mainmannf
  • LocationToronto
  • Main Platform:XBox One
  • PSN:aIXNewfieXIa
  • XBL:alX Newfie Xla
  • Steam:alxnewfiexla

already talk to my women and marked on the calendar

pidgeongocoo

pidgeongocoo

Noob

• Inactive
    • Member ID: 2,734
  • 6 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 56m 16s
  • 0 Reach Arounds
  • LocationManchester, UK
  • PSN:PIDGEONGOCOO
  • XBL:N/A
  • Steam:pidgeongocoo
  • Uplay:N/A

This sounds awesome. If I can get the time off work I might pop over to your side of the pond.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
  • 4,212 posts
  • 102 Reach Arounds

User's Awards

Update: registration to the event starts Jan 13th!!!  I plan on buying extra spots both for myself and anyone who decides late they want to attend.  View the first post here for all the details.

Over 30 Clan 'Who We Are' Montage - Caution this video may contain too much awesome for you to handle.

Over 30 Clan Podcast (now on YouTube) Got time to kill? Then click this already. Also now on SoundCloud CLICK HERE.

Over 30 Clan YouTube Community Playlist - post videos on the forum and I add them here for everyone to see.

Have you added or changed which console / platform you're playing on? Have your groups updated here.

Interested in playing on PC? Click Here to view our Steam Community Group (PM for invite).

@Black, I had a internal countdown when you would say something douchey. Congrats, you even defeated my generous estimates.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
  • 4,212 posts
  • 102 Reach Arounds

User's Awards

Just a reminder registration opens up for this event next Friday Jan 13th

alX Newfie Xla

alX Newfie Xla

Prestige 4

• PS4
    • Member ID: 113
  • 334 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 15h 27m 13s
  • 5 Reach Arounds
  • Twitch.tv:aLXNewfieXLa
  • Twitter:@mainmannf
  • LocationToronto
  • Main Platform:XBox One
  • PSN:aIXNewfieXIa
  • XBL:alX Newfie Xla
  • Steam:alxnewfiexla

remind me on thursday black. and are we going to try for the same spots a last year or try for some where more to the back lol

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
  • 4,212 posts
  • 102 Reach Arounds

User's Awards

Well I originally chose the last row just so it would be easier to get in/out of there with gear.  Then they went and added two more rows behind us after the fact which boxed us in.  I'm totally fine with back row, its closer to the restrooms, concessions, and like I said easier to get gear in/out.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

I run Bartertown!

• Administrators
  • 4,212 posts
  • 102 Reach Arounds

User's Awards

registration opens tomorrow 11am, first post updated with further details

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users